Hi All,
Our IMAP connection for Jira Cloud stopped working last Friday. We haven't made any changes to our site so it seems like something possibly changed in Jira.
Here's the error we're getting:
javax.mail.MessagingException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target while connecting to host 'mail.xxxxxx.com' as user 'username' via protocol 'imaps, caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
I've already read through the support cases and documentation related to connecting Jira Cloud to SSL and keystore (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-jira-applications-to-receive-email-from-a-pop-or-imap-mail-server-802592936.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/connecting-to-ssl-services-117455.html)
The guides all seem to be about Jira Server (Unhosted) and not Jira Cloud, which we're using, so I'm unable to follow the instructions for importing the public certificate to Jira Cloud.
I've also tested connecting to our IMAP server with other software and was able to get those working.
Thanks for any help and assistance you can provide.
Adam