Hello guys,
I recently started working with JIRA admin interface and to me it's a little bit overwhelming, to say at least. I encountered problem when I tried to make field required. View Field Configuration page now says the field is required, but when I create new issue, it will let me keep the field empty.
Can you please help me? Thanks in advance. 
required_field_2.pngrequired_field_1.png
P.S. just to be perfectly clear, I have multiple custom fields of different field types which I wanted to mark as required, but none of them is reacting as expected.
P.P.S. as Atlassian has put up some peculiar restriction for users with less than 3 points, I can only answer to you @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] this way right now.
I believe I have the scheme assigned to field config. Is this it?required_field_3.png
Apart from this, we now have no workflow, so validator is not an option.
As a bonus, I have created custom Screen schemes, binded them to their respective issues and was overjoyed it worked the way I intended to. Now it's a big spaghetti monster. (I was hired as a Test lead for Christ's sake, not JIRA admin, so don't judge my lack of expertise in this field too harshly.
)
EDIT, once again, for @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]:
If you meant these:
required_field_4.png
required_field_5.png
then yes, it's done and assigned. If it wasn't, then I assume none of my screens would be affected. If I change visibility, it works. Only "required" is ignored.