Hi Graham,
As you can see here, the backup is on .zip format.
-- Arthur Gonçalves
And unzipped, it's xml. It's only really suitable for importing into other JIRA systems. If you're thinking of transferring it into other systems, you *really* need to understand how JIRA works (and bear in mind that it can change, drastically, between versions, even minor releases)
For JIRA Cloud (which seems to be your version), the backup file will be a ZIP file with two XML files inside (entities.xml and activeobjects,xml). Also, in case you check the "Attachments" backup as well, you will also see a folder with all attachments inside this ZIP file.
Hope this answers your question.
Cheers,Andre
See the entity model.xml file for the schema of the data. The format is zip and XML but that's like telling me a map is made of paper!
Both xml's a readable, however is there any information how to decompress the attachments?
They are binary blobs that are effectively .zip files.
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I initiale thought, however that would mean that if I would rename it to .zip it would effectively become a zip file does it not? Since it contains the binary data. When I decompress the attachment after I added the .zip extension this does not work. Do you have any idea why?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.