Hello,
I'm testing jira and confluence onDemand (previously, I was using installed products).
Can I manage the user from this two products from the same place? Crowd myabe?
Thanks for your help!
Mathieu
Hey Mathieu,
Managing users between two OnDemand instances is not possible eg: JIRA (instance A), Confluence (instance . However, this is possible by default through crowd if you have subscribed for JIRA and Confluence together in one OnDemand instance, eg: Instance A has both JIRA an Confluence in OnDemand.
Hope that helps !!!
Hi Mathieu,
For this case, you can manage the users of these two application using JIRA itself. SInce jira is now using embedded crowd, you can create an user server from JIRA, and from this you can add user directories in Confluence to get the user and manage the users from JIRA side.
Hope it helps.
Best regards,
Josua
Hi Josua and thanks for your help!
Does it works for jira and confluence onDemand? If yes do you know where can I find more information?
Thanks
Best regards Mathieu
Yes it does. If you own both JIRA and Confluence licences in your OnDemand service, all users are configured from within JIRA, with JIRA "acting" as the crowd server.
In confluence, I cannot tick the box "External user management". It is like grayed.
How can I then configure confluence to use JIRA' user management?
Thanks for your help
Yes, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.