Hi,
Can anyone please suggest which two dimensional Jira Gadget to use for something like..reporting Issue Id on X Axis & Issue Age on Y Axis.
Please note ‘Average Age Report’ does not suffice our need.
Thanks in advance!
Hi @Srilata Meka
You need a field to display the issue age first, to then visualise this data on a dashboard gadget.
I've found a method to do this using Automation for Jira.
--------------
To do this, as a Jira Admin:
^ This rule calculates the difference between the created date and today, providing a numeric value in the field.
You can then use this field in a dashboard gadget - for example, a Filter Results gadget, using a filter which looks for open issues. Select "Issue Age" as one of the columns.
A few additional notes:
Let us know if this works for you!
Ste
Stephen,
nice solution. One question, is this missing the part of only updating the Issue Age for open issues? Would you not want to add “AND status category != Done” in the JQL?
Hi @Ste Wright
Thank you for detailed response - I appreciate the time you took to explain the steps needed to be taken. I will give it a try and keep you posted.
Thank you,
SM
Awesome @Srilata Meka - let us know how it goes!
@Jack Brickey - I actually did build it in a similar manner, I used AND resolution IS EMPTY
I left it off the original answer to give the choice of utilising the JQL best suited - but I think you're right, it makes sense to mention it (I've refined the wording). It would be beneficial if you have a large number of issues.
With this included you could also use "Issue Age" for both days since created and the lead time, as the count will stop after resolution has been set
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.