Can I set up a single automation rule that if either of two fields update that an action is taken? I have two fields that if either update need to calculate a value and repopulate a third field.
Hi @Sigrid Schoepel
You can do this in one rule using either:
If you need assistance putting this rule together - please provide the specifics for how you need the rule to operate, and I'll try to create some instructions for you
Ste
For the Field Value Changed trigger, have you tried to select multiple fields? That should accomplish what you are asking.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-triggers/#Automationtriggers-Fieldvaluechanged
Best regards,
Bill
I did but it only seems to trigger if both fields change.
Hmmm...and thanks! I did not think it worked that way. :^)
I suggest that you have two options then:
I have used both of these methods, and I recommend the 3-rule one. It reduces the chance of errors by copying the "action" code, and it is scalable in case other future field changes need to trigger this action.
Thanks, because I'm new to the automation rules and it's just not working for me.
What I have:
Risk Score field with Pass/Fail, defaults to Fail
Severity field with 1-3 rating
Impact field with 1-5 rating
What I want is for Risk Score to:
Change to Pass if Severity is 1 for any ImpactChange to Pass if Severity is 2 and Impact is 1-3Change to Pass if Severity is 3 and Impact is 1Stay/Change to Fail if none of those are true (Severity 2/Impact 4-5, Severity 3/Impact 2-5)
My rule set up for a specific nextgen project:
When issue updated
If: matches / Severity equals 1 /Then Risk Score (edit issue field) is Pass
Else-if: all match / Severity equals 2 & Impact is one of 1, 2, 3 / Then Risk Score is Pass
Else-if: all match / Severity equals 3 & Impact equals 1 / Then Risk Score is Pass
Then Risk Score is Fail
I got errors but am not now but the thing still doesn't update the way I need it.
I did get it to work by making two rules, one for severity and one for impact. It is a little slow to update the Risk Score field. If you have a slicker solution, that would be great.
So I built this out in a Next-Gen Project.
I separated each rule:
I added Scenario 6, assuming that both fields need to be populated for the rules to function. You could remove this if it's not needed, removing Steps 17-19 below.
-----------------------
This is the rule:
It will take a few seconds to run at times - especially for the Branches near the bottom of the rule - but this should cover the scenarios listed above
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.