Can I initiate a re-index on JIRA cloud
Reindexing has been deprecated in Jira Cloud. Kindly have a look at this thread:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-t-re-index-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/613607
Hi @Donna Rochard
Re-indexing is done automatically on Cloud, so there's actually no need for it. Is there a specific reason why you're seeking for a re-index?
Hello @Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP I can attest to this - my issue is that "Edit Details" within a custom field's description is still showing on the create screen after deletion a year ago. I confirmed that even after local cache clear and new user invited to our instance, we are all still seeing the field's description as it was a year ago. Re-indexing would solve this issue, how can we persist a "cache clear" to dump stale data?
Hi @Adam Dulberg
It is not possible for data to remain on the platform when it has been explicitly deleted, Jira Cloud is designed in such a way that once data is deleted, it's gone. Especially when it comes to custom fields, all these functions are done automatically. Is there a way for you to show or demonstrate this problem, so i can get a better understanding of the situation?
Thanks for the quick reply and I think I know what's going on here although I can't explain why. To your question, I could take screen shots as there isn't anything sensitive but not sure it'd be helpful. Quick background; this field was initially created with a description in 'edit details'. Then additional contexts were added and the description was removed.
Every time I add this field (regardless of context) to a screen that it has never been on, immediately viewing the screen after the field was put there, the description shows up. So yesterday, when I posted this the description was still there - however, checking today, it's gone. Must be the sync you're referring to. As an admin, I'm rarely going back to check individual team's screens after they're created but I was able to confirm this today by trialing on a few screens.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.