Unable to select Parent in X / Y axis in New Gen JIRA Projects in Cloud version in Two Dimensional Gadget, something similar to EPIC Link in Classic Projects used in Two Dimensional Gadget data
Hi @Sapna Mogili
Best option I've found it to use a workaround - in this case, a custom field and an automation rule
----------------------
What I did was:
The custom label field can be used on the dashboard gadget. You could also use a drop-down field if you prefer not to have underscores or hyphens in the names, although an Admin would need to add options each time a new Epic is added.
The automation rule is a little more complex than usual. I'd usually use "Issue Updated" as the trigger, but a parent change in Next-Gen isn't classed as an update. Neither can you check for a modification to the parent itself.
These are the two options I found.
Option 1 - Second Field:
^ The way this rule would work is:
I used a custom field rather than the trigger "Manual Trigger" as I could place the custom field at the top of the context section - whilst automation is a fixed section part-way down the page.
Option 2 - Schedule:
This isn't an ideal option - it relies on you creating a custom field, which you set manually at Epic-level and then uses one of two automation rule options, neither of which utilise direct triggers.
But it does allow you to use Next-Gen and receive the result in the Two Dimensional Filter Gadget you're looking for
Ste
Hi Sapna - Next-gen uses a different function for Parent (Epic) Links than Classic does. There are some issues around using that in Automation For Jira and I suspect you will not be able to use it for gadgets either right now.
Thanks John for the prompt response. Given the scenario, what is the best way as of now to report the progress of stories across EPICs on a dashboard .. eg (10 stories under an EPIC is "Done" , 5 stories in "To Do" , 2 in "In Progress" ) such data across 12 EPICS we have in the new Gen project,
Move to Classic Projects??? Not sure with Next-gen
How about this approach:
That should work for just one Next-Gen board. If you need to include multiple boards it will not work due to the change to make the status values different for different boards in Next-Gen (...I believe).
Best regards,
Bill
Thanks Bill!!!
Yeah.. That's the option doable with one or two epics.. We are looking at 12 to 20 epics to be working on in one next-gen project /board.. and we need a single dashboard (at the moment) giving the status / progress across 20 epics.
That's wonderful @Ste Wright .. I would definitely try it.. Second option looks just enough for me. Good workaround to leverage Next Gen features along with the erst while reporting.. Thanks a ton!
Awesome - give it a go and let us know if it works!
Thats did work @Ste Wright . Option 2 has come really handy.. Cool!
vote here for this feature to be implemented: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67418?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=3f38f110-691f-42e3-b261-340fcdf016ce
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.