Can you add time estimates to the estimation field of the sprint burndown chart
Hi @Youssef Halwani
Not at this stage - see this page for more information on how the Next-Gen Sprint Burndown works.
See specifically:
The vertical axis represents amount of work; either number of issues or story points (if Estimation is enabled). The horizontal axis represents the timeframe of the sprint
Ste
Thanks @Ste Wright, I understand how it works currently, thats why I'm asking if it can be extended to include time estimations as well as number of issues and story points. Of all the teams that I have spoke too most concern themselves with time estimates during the sprint because most teams do not have stories burning down gradually during the sprint. It's not a useful report and gives very limited insight. Time estimates burn down every day and can therefore be very useful and deliver A LOT of insight. For those that do great continue to use as is, but for the many many of us that do not find this useful Time Estimations would be a HUGE value add.If not at this stage then what stage will this be coming, if at all? I've asked for this here and received no answer either.... Concerned customer patience awaiting a response!
There are two places to see upcoming work for Next-Gen:
There are several issues "In Progress" in JSWCLOUD-17392, but I don't see a suggestion for inclusion of time estimates in reports within the list.
I would suggest adding a suggestion here for consideration. It might already be on Atlassian's radar, but this is a method of indicating your need for them
Hey @Ste Wright I have submitted this suggestion issue then, is there anyway to know when that might be groomed, prioritized and planned? Thanks!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20726@ivanteong https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/We-are-reinventing-the-Sprint-burndown-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1192403#M1435
Try our Great Gadgets app. It includes sprint / release burndown chart gadgets that can calculate by time remaining & time spent, story points or custom field. It works for next-gen projects. Also, it offers an option to include subtasks.
For more details, please read this blog post.
Danut
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.