I have a Dev - Stage - Live publishing process for new versions of a SaaS product. All three stages are published but to different endpoints. Dev is for internal acceptance testing, Stage is available to outside API consumers for preview, and Live is fully released.
Instead of a binary status of either "Unreleased" of "Released", I'd like to be able to tag a version with these different release states. Is there a way to customize the Version Status options? Or is there some other way to accomplish this goal without having to update all related issues individually?
My basic goal is to be able to link the version number to a release state so that I can change that state in one location and anyone interested can easily see which issues are in that release state. Ideally, this visibility would work in both directions. You could choose an issue to see its release status, or choose a release to see all the issues that are attached to it.