Hello,
Our team has been looking to implement Xray in our workflow and we want to be able to run SpecFlow tests in our pipeline.
I've been trying to update my Test Executions from Test Runs, by using the REST API, as specified in your documentation:
- https://docs.getxray.app/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62269785
- https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Import+Execution+Results+-+REST
- https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Import+Execution+Results
But the problem I'm facing is that it keeps generating a new Test Execution for each run, instead of updating the existing one.
The tags seem to be correct, my .json (cucumber) looks quite identical to the one in the docs, but still it keeps making new Test Executions.
I was wondering whether this could be functionality that is only available in the Server+DC version? As we are using the Cloud version of Xray, and the docs of the Cloud version don't really specify this scenario.
Another thing that strikes me is that the docs say: "When using the REST API, you can specify an existing Test Execution issue in Jira; if the Test Execution key is missing, Xray will create a new Test Execution issue based on the information provided." --> But in the cucumber JSON output format, there's no way to specify this, other than using the Tags
If not, I'd be happy to supply more detailed information on my issue.