In Jira I have: Epic -> Story -> Subtask.
Our project is structured along the lines: Feature -> Epic -> Story -> Subtask.
How can I model this in such a way that different Features still coexist on the same project backlog and Epics and Stories on the backlog can be organised and filtered by the Feature?
I don't see anything in Jira itself that enables this.
I've looked at Structure and it appears that using that I can create a Feature structure above Epic, but the documentation suggests that additional Feature tier only exists within the Structure plugin itself and so cannot be used to organise and filter the backlog. Which if that's the case doesn't seem very useful.
This Atlassian Agile coaching article Epics, Stories, Themes and Initiatives even describes exactly what is needed but gives no details on how to actually achieve it. It says stuff like:
Internally, we call our Initiatives “PC Tickets.” Project Central tickets are configured in Jira Software just like our epics.
and
Initiatives are collections of epics
...which implies that Epics somehow can contain other Epics. But the link in that article to Jira Epics Tutorial makes it clear that this is not possible.
Does anyone know how of a way to do this?