I want to invite a client so they can see their project progress on a kanban board - AND ONLY THAT.
I'm unable to figure out how to restrict permissions. I've read dozens of forum posts and documentation pages... to no avail. The only thing I was able to do is add the new user under a specific project, so they they cannot see other projects.
However, inside the project they see and can edit all the other things like project settings, ability to transition issues, etc.
I've tried the following, but nothing really worked:
- created a user group
- created a user role
- looked into system > global permissions. All I can do here is grant access to the product. I gave the group access to the product and revoked access to "administer the product"
- dabbled with issues > permission schemes. I tried to create a new permission scheme, but the new group I created seems to already have all the permissions, without me ever granting any...
- I even tried to restrict the ability to transition issues by going through workflow > transition > add condition. Unfortunately I cannot add a negative condition like "Do not allow this group to transition", and I can only grant a transition permission to 1 GROUP! So this would exclude all the other groups.
I'm still on a free trial even though I signed up for "standard", and I thought perhaps I need to enter my credit card info. I went ahead and did that, but no changes in any of the above UI.
Can anyone explain what I can do here? It definitely seems overcomplicated.