I am creating an app which requires updates/activity from a user for up to the last week. For example if a user moved a story into done, left a comment, created a bug, etc.
Something like this api from github: https://developer.github.com/v3/activity/events/
The closest I can find via the api is https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-audit-records/
or the xml activity feed however neither of these are ideal.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Hi @Steven Mason -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Without buying a marketplace add-on for audit functions, the only other ways I know to do this are to create a webhook to push the log events, or to create a bunch of automation rules based upon different triggers.
The webhook method can expose changes which don't normally have viewable logs inside of JIRA, such as project-level changes.
Best regards,
Bill
What is the problem with the activity stream xml?
Hi Bill,
Thank you for your response!
Unfortunately I believe webhooks are only for connect apps which have to be added to a project, I am going for the oauth app route which can be used by any user and does not require an admin to add the app. (I only require read access for a particular user)
I would also like to avoid storing any information from Jira and using this method would require me to. I also wouldn't have access to activity before the webhook was set up for a user.
Cheers,Steven.
Hi Matt,
Thank you for your response.
The activity stream xml may work however I would rather consume a rest api if at all possible.
Some issues I can see with the xml stream are:
Do you know if Atlassian plans to replace this with the rest api in the future? Or if there is a way to contact an Atlassian developer?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.