When testing we have a collection of version numbers (hardware rev, firmware rev, software rev, spec rev, build lot). Right now the only way I can provide a list of valid choices is to setup context lists by project. While this works there are two things that would improve life quite a bit.
First, context lists can only be edited with admin rights, not project specific rights. So the project admin has to issue a request for a system admin to have new versions added. If there is a way to make this accessible at the project admin level that would help alot.
Second, is there a way to setup a select field that allow you to enter a new value, or select one that has already been referenced at the project level? This would allow new versions to be entered without waiting for any admin. We are not concerned about data validation; it would be caught quickly for other reasons and the benefit of not having to request a new context value would be huge.
I did look at project versions, but that seemed to only have one version list, and I need multiple.