I just want them to appear when I click on the User Story, I don't want them to appear in the backlog. Anyone know how to set this up? thanks.
Hello @Natalia Rodríguez
Welcome to the community.
Are you using a Classic project or a NextGen project?
What exactly do you mean by you don't want them to appear in the Backlog? Do you mean you don't want to see them in the Backlog screen of a Scrum or Kanban board? Do you want to see them on the column-view of the board?
Why do you not want sub-tasks to display? What problem are you trying to solve? Explaining the problem will help us provide you with more relevant options.
If you do not want sub-tasks under a Story to display in the Backlog screen AND don't want those to display on the column-view of your board, you could change the board filter to exclude issues of type "Sub-task"
issuetype not in subTaskIssueTypes()
Hi @Trudy P Claspill !
Thanks for answering me but apparently I lacked being more specific:
First of all, I am working on a scrum board.
- In the Jira that I have, I can't find this button to add subtasks within a user story (that's what I really want)….Photos: 1 and 1.1
- When you create subtasks within the user stories, they are only there, if you go to the backlog, you only see the User stories unless you also want tasks to be seen. (photo #2)
In the Jira that I have, I can't find any option to create subtasks inside a user story, so how can I create subtasks inside a user story?Do you know how I should configure my dashboard so that this option appears?
Could you help me with this, please?
Thanks.
@Trudy P Claspill hi, can you help me please?
@Natalia Rodríguez
I am confused by your statement that you can't find the button to add subtasks to stories when the image you pasted clearly shows the button and you've drawn an arrow pointing to it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.