How can i set the automation to add automatically as a watcher from my group?
When do you want the watcher added to the issue? on creation of the issue?
If so you can set it up as so:
It looks like you can only select individuals you cant choose 'Groups'
Phil
Hi John, welcome to the Community. Have you attempted to set this up in Automation and running into an issue? If so please indicate where you are stuck. If you have not yet attempted I encourage you to do so. The Automation feature is pretty self-explanatory for the basic operations. In this case assuming you know who you want to add to the watcher field it would be something like...
trigger - when issue created
conditions - as needed to meet your needs
action - edit issue and choose Watcher
Yes. On creation of issue and for specific request type. am ok for individual not group.
Thanks
Does this work for Server as well?
For action - I was able to select "edit issue" but "Watcher" was not listed in the dropdown
How about considering auto mention of your co-agent instead of adding them a watcher. Same notification via their email and portal as well.
Hello Xavier! Same here. I, somehow, just cannot seem to find "Add watchers" option.
Hello Phil, do you still use this automation? I, somehow, just cannot seem to find "Add watchers" option on my account.
Hi Fulya,
It exists for both Server and Cloud and the action is labelled 'Manage Watchers'
Hey Community,
I am try to use smart values to do this but it ends with errors. I am using {{Manager.displayName}} Do I need to be using {{issue.Manager.displayName}} ??I am trying to use the Manager multi-user-picker field to add them as watchers in automation after issue creations. Would it be better to add them as Request Participant by automation???
It's only for Paid versions of Automation not Automation Lite 😞
@Xavier Idrovo @fulya Adding Watcher isn't available as an editable field. After creating the issue, I added a component with New Action option of "Manage Watchers". Is that option available for you? There you can add (or remove) users as watchers. I hope this helps.
@[deleted]have you received an answer to this topic? I'm working on the same issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.