I reset my phone so my Duo authentication app and emergency key washed. So now when I reinstalled the app, it is asking for QR code but I dont know how to get the QR code. Please guide.
We can't help you with that, this is a place to talk about Atlassian stuff, not Duo
(But, from memory, when you set up Duo, it will have given you an emergency key for this case, and one format it can be done in is a QR code. You should have saved that somewhere safe, and the instructions told you that it must be somewhere other than the device the key is for. If you've lost that, you'll need to be set up from scratch)
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I am new here and not quite sure where to post this question:
I have confluence login which works fine using 2-factor authentication no issues at all I use google-authenticator.
I recently got a new phone, the old one got lost. Now I can't log in to Jira or confluence;
I enter my user name and password > the 2 Factor authentication screen appears, and I am stuck > As can't seem to get the QR code to be generated which I need to set up the 2-factor authentication on my new phone (using google-authenticator)
Is there a way to get regenerate the QR code?
I know I can deactivate and reactivate 2-factor authentications but I can only do this after I have successfully logged in.
So how do I get past this step or regenerate the QR code?
Help, please!
Yes you get the recovery key. I enter it in and try to disable two factor, Then I can get in. The next time I log in I am back to square one. How do I get a new QR code or activation code?
This is Atlassian issue. When someone cannot login in to Atlassian it is your issue.
I have used the emergency key and that process does not work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.