Has anyone been unable to change their product key? After attempting to save, I get the message Project '[Project Name]' uses this project key. How can I change this key?
Yes, many times.
It happens when we select a "new" project key that the current Jira system has used before. It's not a new key.
The only route you have availble (without a lot of expensive work and change) is to find a new project key that you have not used before.
Much Appreciation Nic!
It's unfortunate because how I read the error is that this project key that I'm trying to change is associated with the project that I'm trying to make the change on - so it doesn't seem like there would be any harm in changing it.
Thanks again! I'll try to find another naming convention we can use.
Is it really no other way that i want to use back the same KEY? It is because i have deleted the old project i created and i never created any case yet under this project?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.