Hi,
OK I guess I will ultimately find out that Stories are the best way to do it as i doubt they would exist if not. But as a newbie I need to be able to enter estimated hours against tasks and issues, to be able to establish the projected duration of a sprint - so that I can determine the number of devs required, the budget, etc, before actually launching the sprint, etc. And therefore, be able to, if the time/cost is too high, be able to deprioritise in advance and not in the middle of the sprint, certain tasks within the sprint. I'm guessing these functionalities are not in Jira and that I have to find plugins, yes? So the question is what is the best pairing for me to use, of what I believe i need, which is a Gantt and any plug in that can provide management of project hours.
Thanks for saving me hours researching this...