When closing an Issue, the Close Issue dialog requires the user to select a value for a custom field (Root Cause) and an option to enter a comment before saving.
It has come to our attention that while the Root Cause selection is saved, the comments entered on this screen are not saved, and I am trying to fix this.
I looked at the transition and I see that the comment is saved after the transition has occurred. I think this is a problem because our workflow requires that Closed Issues cannot be edited.
I think I need to either:
- set up the transition so the comment is saved _before_ the status is updated (is this possible?)
- remove the ability to comment on the Close Screen. (I can't see where to do this?)
See screenshots below.
However, I have been unsuccessful because unfortunately I am not an expert Jira admin.
I may be missing something obvious, and would appreciate a steer in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.


