Looking for ideas on how to measure how complete a Story is when using either Tasks or sub-tasks as the underlying structure level. Either Epic -> Story -> Task or Epic -> Story -> sub-task. For example if there are 10 tasks/sub-tasks and 6 are Closed how to show that the Story is 60% complete? This can be either at the issue level with a field or using some type of report.
I know in Jira that Stories and Tasks sit at the same level, to have the 1st structure I would need to have some type of link to put the Task under the Story. This post is not to debate which structure is best, there are several other posts that do that.
The goal is to use Story Points on the Story but they can't reflect the progress of the Story and only show on Burndown charts when the Story is closed. I know I could use sub-tasks with time - Original Estimate/Remaining, log work against the sub-task then roll it all up to the Story but we are trying to stay away from using time in estimating and logging.
I would prefer to do this with no plugins however I realize I may not have a choice, if that is your suggestion recommend one if necessary.