What are my options with Exporting content from Confluence Cloud?
I am looking to export data in any form for easy handling of a migration from Confluence to Sharepoint.
Edit* Confluence Cloud
Atlassian have no reason to create a route for people to leave their platform, and the community, while a bit more open-minded, probably don't either.
I cannot speak for anyone else in the community, but I can tell you that I have no idea of what might be suitable for importing into Sharepoint, because I acquired a distaste for it years ago when I had to use it for a couple of projects. I will summarise my experience as "Sharepoint is where documents go to die" (My horror story about that four years ago involves a client who have just asked us to help them move the last handful off SP so they can kill it completely)
In an Atlassian community, asking for help with leaving is not going to get you much. I think this might be better asked in a Sharepoint forum.
Not looking to leave, just looking to migrate content.
Also, to add to the sharepoint import we have the information needed.
Just need to know what the exporting processes are available for Confluence.
There are simply not a lot of exports from Confluence. It's a system that does not expect us to want to move to inferior ones and hence sees no reason to enable downgrades.
Your export routes are word, pdf, xml or parsing a backup. None of these will work well for Sharepoint, mainly because it is bad at handling them.
From what I can see, the only way to export is page by page, exporting to Word or PDF. It would be great if this was a feature.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.