We created a custom sub-task issue type called approval. Then we created a process that creates this sub-task type which is then assigned to a user. The user however cannot see these specific items under the 'Assigned to me' within the your work area. They also do not appear in the results of the default 'My open issues' filter. I also tried to create a filter just for these sub-task types but that doesn't work. I have dug pretty deeply into the documentation and didn't find anything either.
interesting. so if you create that custom sub-task manually does it show up? have you checked the behavior against the default sub-task issuetype? i just did a quick test w/ default sub-task manually and it worked ok. I may try the automation approach.
I just tried automation and it worked for me fine.
This is rather an interesting one. The search for "assigned to me" and "my open issues" are very simple and really do look just at the assignee.
It sounds like the issues are not being indexed as they are created. But my problem there is that Automation and other scripting tools that can create issues, especially the big name ones, would not neglect the issue indexing (in fact, most of them use the internal create process which indexing always happens in). The Automation rule I've just tried for sub-tasks creates issues which show up fine in my filters.
So, one very quick test - could you try re-assigning one of these non-showing issues, then re-assign it again back to the person it should be assigned to. Does that make the reporting work?
I did create the approval sub task manually on a story. I see it in the story view, in the worked on view but not the assigned to me view. When I create a default sub-task manually it behaves as expected.
Hi @Christine Schutta -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Did you confirm that the sub-tasks are actually assigned to a person, rather than created and unassigned?
Best regards,
Bill
I have tried that and I'm still not able to see it. When the approval sub-task is created it isn't assigned by automation, it is assigned manually by a user. I will update the automation to assign it to a user and see if it is then visible in that user's your work area.
They are created and left unassigned. The list of users who approve can be different for each issue so we are doing this assignment manually.
the issue, once assigned to a user should indeed show in the assigned to me tab. please ensure that after they assign the issue they reload the Your work page.
Thanks! As Jack noted, once they are assigned they will appear with Assigned to Me.
>When the approval sub-task is created it isn't assigned by automation, it is assigned manually by a user
Ok, that might explain it - if an issue is not assigned, it can't be in anyone's "assigned to me" list. The issues will appear after they have been assigned to people.
They are assigned and still not appearing in 'your work' area. I've confirmed that they are also included in the default issue type scheme as well. I am able to get them to appear in a filter result but now I have to write filters for all my users so that they can see these items instead of leveraging 'your work'. Is it possible there is a bug for custom sub-tasks not appearing in the 'your work' area or the default 'my open issues' filter?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.