Hi All,
Let me begin by saying that I have read below:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-How-to-place-a-link-to-a-file-on-a-server-share-in-a/qaq-p/258790
We are on Confluence Cloud and I am trying to create hyperlink to files on my local and/or network drive. This does not seem to work. Can someone please provide me step-by-step guide of we can do this and which MACRO to use for it.
Is your local file share served up with a valid standard protocol that your browser(s) support and on a valid url?
If you want this to be generally available to all your people, you need to be using a local/network url that is understandable by all browsers. And bear in mind that your "local" drive is not other people's, which makes the point of collaboration useless as you'll be looking at different things.
Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
You are right about the "local" drive. I won't be exposing my "local" on Confluence. I am looking to share paths on network driver that are accessible to everyone.
I am able to access the files from browser, mainly Chrome, as file://<path>
How should I set up the hyperlink on my Confluence page?
You can just put file://<path> in as the url for a link.
It does require the browser to understand it though, and "file" is not a standard so a lot don't.
My browser support "file://<path>" URLs. But on Confluence pages the "Link" macro does not accept "file://<path>" as URL. What is wrong?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.