When I use the JIRA administrator account for some administrator operations, I am often prompted to enter a password for authentication, and when using ordinary users to access, I will often be asked to enter a password for verification.
@Shannon S
Hi Shannon
Can you answer this question for me
Thanks
Yong
Hi @yong hu,
You might be referring to the Administrative access prompt that's enabled by default.
For more info:
It's possible to both disable the prompt, and change the timeout.
To disable:
Disabling secure administrator sessions Secure administrator sessions (i.e. password confirmation before accessing administration functions) are enabled by default. If this causes issues for your JIRA instance (e.g. if you are using a custom authentication mechanism), you can disable this feature by specifying the following line in your jira-config.properties file: jira.websudo.is.disabled = true You will need to restart your JIRA server for this setting to take effect.
Secure administrator sessions (i.e. password confirmation before accessing administration functions) are enabled by default. If this causes issues for your JIRA instance (e.g. if you are using a custom authentication mechanism), you can disable this feature by specifying the following line in your jira-config.properties file:
jira.websudo.is.disabled = true
You will need to restart your JIRA server for this setting to take effect.
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Shannon
Hi, @Shannon S
I set it according to the document, but it doesn't seem to work.
Is there any other solution?
Or whether the JIRA settings interface has relevant settings.
Hi @Shannon S
Frequently ask for password, is it related to JIRA plugin?
Almost every administrator operation needs to enter a password, even if the previous step has just been executed.
@yong hu,
Thank you for clarifying. Jira is supposed to ask you to authenticate in that case, but I don't think it should be asking you for every administrative step
I'm honestly not too familiar with this, since I primarily work with Confluence, but I found a couple of other users that were having a similar issue.
It seems that these articles might help:
Otherwise, you may want to log a request with Jira Support so they can have a look.
Take care,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.