Hi There,
My company is looking for a workflow solution and JIRA should be the most suitable solution for my organization. All looks good and promising but I have two questions on how Jira should be set up for my firm.
We want to use Jira to manage our inhouse applications support and development projects. Here we have business teams (different departments using different inhouse systems) and IT teams take care of each application and infrastructure team take care of all servers.
IT Application teams are all in one team, they take care of L1 and L2 support plus development. So my first question 1) is whether I should use Jira Service Desk or Jira. Because they do both. Application team in DevOps direction.
And the second question will be, 2) whether I should setup Jira project per department. Like project IT should hold all application teams and infrastructure team? So the business team could raise a ticket to IT through one Jira project and all resource and assignment could be made within that IT project.
We are new to the new JIRA and so it will be great if anyone could shed some lights for our use cases.
Kan