I am only able to assign the issue to one assigner at the moment, I wonder if I am allowed to assign it to more than one person.
Thanks!
Hello @eshen ,
this is not possible in Jira, as the task should be assigned to only one user.
I suggest to use Watchers instead or create a sub tasks, if you need different users to participate on tasks.
Let me know in case of any other questions though.
Adam
Hi @eshen -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
JIRA out of the box only supports one person as assigned to an issue. Some teams add an Additional Assignees custom field to do this, making it a multiple value user field.
When you use this custom field route, it can help to update any board's quick filters for My Issues include them:
assignee = currentUser() OR "Additional Assignees" = currentUser()
Please see this documentation for adding custom fields:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/create-a-custom-field-991923727.html
Best regards,
Bill
You can also find more suggestions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/how-do-i-assign-issues-to-multiple-users
Thanks for the insights and workaround, Adam!
Vote for this issue here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-20083
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.