I have no "Boards" button in my Project and that's why I can't add any new boards to my project... Can anybody tell me please how to fix that?Best regardsDaniels
Hi Daniels - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You can't fix it - that's by design.
You can get to the all boards list by going to an existing board, click on the dropdown for the list of boards and then scroll to the very bottom of that.
What I have done is copied that link and then created a link to the boards under the Switch to icon (the square looking icon in the very top left of the nav bar).
You can see more information about the top nav here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73180
It simply wasn't deemed to be 'top menu' worthy. Boards are generally associated w/ specific projects and as such they are generally accessed by going to the project first. Now I think that is a bit short-sighted but that is simply an opinion. There are a few ways to get to them: thru the project(s) that the board references, in the Viewed under Your work menu. There used to be a link at the bottom of the popup when clicking in the Search field but that has disappeared which I was unhappy to see. I would recommend using the feedback link to voice your desires.
Thanks for the reply! However I now can barely understand if one can create only one board for one project or I can create let's say 10 boards for 1 project? I would be thankful if you could tell me how I can do that? Best regardsDaniels
you can create multiple boards. Boards can span many projects. It is simply that navigating to boards has been pushed down from a navigation importance perspective. Not particularly happy about it but that is where we are today. I'm betting this is going to change in the future.
You can create as many boards as you want for a project. Just put the project in the Location field in the Board Settings.
Hey John,thank you for the reply. I think though, that my general board is quite different from the link you sent me. There are mostly public projects in the list that is shown there and my board is located under https://myadress.atlassian.net/ domain and I have no such option there. As you say, it's by design. That would be good to know then, though if I can create several boards for my project at all. Thanks
The link I sent is just information about the new top navigation from Atlassian. You can place comments there about changes you would like to see - like adding a link for all boards. :-)
Another option is to just bookmark your list of boards in your browser. Here is the link:
https://YourDomain.atlassian.net/jira/boards
Just change out YourDomain for your site.
One month ago (approx.) the boards button was there at the bottom of the "search" button when you clicked on it. There were buttons for project, issues, filters, and boards. Now all the buttons are gone. If this is by the "new" design, it's very a very poor choice to have removed it.
Hello @Ann Hemmons - I just wanted to provide you and others on this thread with a quick update about the links at the bottom of the search dropdown.
Following feedback provided in Jira and through Community, the links were re-instated into the search menu. Our product manager in charge of the search platform has more details on this Community post if you're interested.
Thanks for providing feedback, it really does help inform decisions as we continue improving the Jira Cloud experience!
Cheers,Daniel
Thank you sooo much!! My team greatly appreciates it!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.