We need to be able to clone issues but we do not want the assignee to be cloned, we want the assignee of the new ticket to be 'Unassigned'.
Is this possible? I haven't been able to find an answer to this thus far...
Hi Kara,
You could setup a manual Automation For Jira rule and then you could clone what you want.
Thanks, looking at the automation, I'm not sure how I would do this, 'Issue cloned' is not one of the available triggers?
Start with a Manual trigger (assuming you don't want to clone automatically based on some other trigger type :-)
Then put in any additional conditions if you want.
Then New Action - Clone issue.
Thanks, when I choose the fields to set, do I only need to specify those I want a different value for?
Or do I need to specify every field and what the value should be, whether that be cloned or something different?
For example, from the drop down I can select 'Assignee' and then I can choose 'Unassigned' for my particular use case.
I can select other fields such as description and linked issues, but I don't want to change these and do actually want them 'cloned'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.