Is there a way to filter out certain projects so that you don't see their epics in Epic Link?
Hello @stucampbell
Thank you for reaching out.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to restrict the Epics displayed in the "Epic link" field by projects in Jira application.
We have the following feature requests created to get this option implemented:
Improve or limit suggestions to a set of projects when linking issues to Epics
List of Epics may get very long, we would like to see some filtering capability
Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.
Let us know if you have any questions.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Why would I want to see epics from other projects?? At least gray them out/make them non-selectable excepting the applicable project. This is stunningly obvious and it is beyond the beyond that this has been an issue for pushing a decade and Atlassian has done nothing about it.
I can't think of any reason at all you'd want to see epics across projects. Those issues that @Petter Gonçalves links to above are from 2012 and 2014!!
As a digital agency with a large client portfolio, this "cross-contamination" for us undermines our customers' confidence in privacy and security. At a minimum, there should be a configurable option to constrain epics to the current project.
I understand that other Jira customers have a need to show epics from more than a single project, but that should be OUR choice - not YOURS. Please add my support to this request.
Sometimes I feel like the people at Atlassian don't use Jira to build Jira, otherwise they'd know of all these annoyances.
I guess it would be fine if your only project in Jira was Jira
Upvoted both issues, this is rather annoying, I agree, not run into it before, but now we're at a company using several boards and projects and we see general epics everywhere, not only "our own". That's rather confusing and seems like some sort of cross-contamination...
Hello @Sebastiaan Naafs - van Dijk
I understand your frustration regarding the lack of this functionality.
As a matter of fact, I would like to let you know that our development team has done a few improvements to the Epic drop-down list, based on the feedback provided by the customers.
Now, the Epic drop-down list follows the order of displaying below, from top to bottom:
Additionally, there is also a flag button to display/hide done Epics:
I hope this information helps your team to easily identify and select the correct epics.
Hi @Petter Gonçalves,
This is an interesting improvement but still not enough.
Why should we see epics from other projects.... can't you add a flag button to "show all epics" for people requiring this feature and hide them by default ?
Thanks
This is a substantial impediment for the product side of our organization, since we require the designation of an epic when creating an issue that's child-like, such as a user story or task. It's also arguably a security issue, since users without privileges in other projects can suddenly see that a) they exist, and b) what epics they contain. When will this be fixed?
It's crazy that these can't be filtered out...my project has a dozen epics and this thing is trying query thousands from other projects...
Agree, there should be an option to hide Epics from other Projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.