I want to require the custom field RCA (Root Cause Analysis), but only for Priority = Highest or High.
How do I create this in JIRA cloud?
Hi Angela - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
The short answer is that you cannot do that very easily in Jira Cloud.
The only option I am aware of is:
1. Create two transitions in your workflow for the point you want to make sure that RCA is populated (like the transition to Done).
2. For one transition, place a condition where the Priority = Highest or High.
3. For the other transition, place a condition where the Priority != Highest or High.
4. Then place a validator on the transition in Step 2 above to make the RCA field required.
It's not pretty but it should work for you.
Hi John, thanks for the quick answer. I tried your suggestions, but it shows me 2 available transitions now - ideally only 1 transition should appear depending on Priority field value.
These are the conditions for both RCA and Non-RCA:
In the second transition (Ready for QA) change the heading from Any of the following conditions to All of the following conditions. :-)
It works, thanks John!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.