Hi,
I am trying to restore our UAT jira data centre environment from prod environment but I do not want all the users to be included.
Is there any way to import/restore without users?
Cheers.
Hi @Ash
As mentioned by sachin, this is not possible. Issues, coments and actions/events are tied to users who performed them.
Hence removing users will corrupt the Jira data.
If needed, you can restore the instance to your new server and then deactivate all users using Rest API.
See update user here: https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.1.0/#api/2/user-updateUser you will need to parse the active option.
I hope this helps.
Hello Ash,
The only way I can think of doing this is by making change to the entities.xml file from the xml site backup! However, it is a very time taking process and it will result in lots of data loss as everything is tired to a specific user and making any changes would result in a failure when you try to do an import. So, I would recommend you to take away the access to those users after you do the import by making changes to your user directory.
Best,
Sachin.
Another option would be to make use of the iser anonymizer add/on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219029/user-anonymizer-for-jira-gdpr?hosting=server&tab=overview as follows.
Thanks Sachin that was my initial idea.
Thank you Ismel, I think this would fit the case, I am going to use the rest API to deactivate them all.
Glad to hear that!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.