I deleted a project that was really never used. I wanted to clean up the schemes and workflow and issue types just related to this deleted project. I believe there is an order to how you delete these but I am not sure what it is. There doesn't seem to be a step by step of how to go about cleaning out these artifacts from this deleted project.
Hello @Tamara Lively ,After you completely delete your project :as a Jira AdminTo delete workflows/workflow schemes you first need to delete workflow scheme from your inactive workflows and then delete the workflow from your inactive workflows- https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewWorkflowSchemes.jspa- https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/workflows/ListWorkflows.jspaGoto Settings (cog) --> Issues --> Workflow SchemesGoto Settings (cog) --> Issues --> WorkflowsTo delete the issuetype screen shemes/screen schemes and screens. You first delete the issuetype screen schemes then the screen schemes and then screens- https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewIssueTypeScreenSchemes.jspa- https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewFieldScreenSchemes.jspa- https://xxxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewFieldScreens.jspaGoto Settings (cog) --> Issues --> Issue Type Screen SchemesGoto Settings (cog) --> Issues --> Screen SchemesGoto Settings (cog) --> Issues --> ScreensYou can delete issue type scheme if it is not associated to any other projects- https://xxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ManageIssueTypeSchemes!default.jspaGoto Settings (cog) --> Issues --> Issue Type SchemesYou can delete permission scheme if it is not associated to any other projects- https://xxx.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewPermissionSchemes.jspaGoto Settings (cog) --> Issues --> Permission SchemesNote: If you have made any custom modifications to the project that included creation of custom fields, resolutions, statuses , issue links, priorities then you can delete them as well. Also make sure you are deleting the correct configuration items and not affecting any other projects.Best,Sachin.
But the workflow scheme (DPT is its key) is still in active even though no project is associated to it because I already deleted the project.
That is strange. Can you click on "Edit" and reassign it to the DPT:Process Management Workflow and come back to workflow schemes. Also, try to access this in incognito mode and see if it helps...looks like a cache problem to me.
Also when I hit your link I get this:
I was having the same issue. They are storing the project in the trash for 60 days so pieces are staying active. Go delete the project permanently in the trash and this will free up the workflow and workflow scheme.
Thanks @Sachin this is very helpful using now to do a big cleanup.
Thank you! I needed this as well!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.