Is there any limit on select (drodown) values like product name in jira service desk cloud by default, one of our category values run more than 1000
Hello @Subramanya H S
Thank you for reaching out.
There is no hard limit in the number of options that you can add to a custom field in Jira Cloud (Select lists of Single or multiple choice), however, a custom field with a high number of options might take a while to load when typing characters on the search.
That being said, I would recommend to don't have a list with too many options in order to avoid performance issues. In case you start to feel any slowness to find options with the field, please look for another select list to split your options.
Additionally, please ensure you are following our Storage for Jira and Confluence documentation. There are no hard limits for the storages specified there at this moment, however, once we enforce those limits you might not be able to add more content to your site if you have exceeded the plan limit, having to upgrade it to another plan.
Let us know if you have any questions.
@Petter Gonçalves Can you confirm this is still the case? I have a custom drop down with around 60 items and I went to add one more and now I cannot add anything. It is greyed out and not selectable. I have found other posts that make it seem like it was limited to 55? Any way to change that back so I can add a couple more items?
In my case, I am using Jira Software next-gen...
@Subramanya H S Are you seeing a limit now? We use Jira Software (next-gen) and in the past I tested this and was over 200 and have never had an issue, but now I have one that has just over 60 options and I cannot add anything to it now.
We had issues earlier, we took different approach
Hi @Joshua Eby did you find any solution to this issue? i am still struggling in adding more options.
Best.
Nope. Seems like Atlassian decided to limit them to 55 or something around there. So because we have more than that, I cannot add anymore. Really disappointed in this.
I am using values in an automation and the limit I have is 15 displayed - played around with this and that's confirmed it so this "There is no hard limit in the number of options that you can add to a custom field in Jira Cloud (Select lists of Single or multiple choice)" is BS
Ok you can add them but they wont display past 15
Thanks for the post @Subramanya H S and your answer @Petter Gonçalves
I have a slightly similary post here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Maximum-number-of-options-in-a-dropdown/qaq-p/2390152 - wondering if there is any kind of "sweet spot"/threshold of how many items we can/should add to a select.
We currently have about 30000 that I think might affect performance but I dont want to implement it if 1. it affects performance and 2. cannot be measured in terms of performance.
Please advise?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.