I have a requirement to have some read only custom fields within one of my Jira projects. This Jira project is integrated with another 3rd Party tool. The specific function of the integration is:
1. Pass key identifying fields from Jira to the 3rd Party tool to create a record based on the Jira issue. All of these fields in the 3rd Party tool are read only except when passed via the API from Jira to the 3rd Party tool
2. When the 3rd Party tool creates the record is assigns two required read only id fields that need to be passed back to Jira and populated into two custom fields that cannot be edited by any user.
This allows traceability between the Jira issue and the 3rd Party record.
I've tried to remove these custom fields from the create screen but it needs to be in the view screen but it can still edited. I would like these custom fields treated somewhat like the Jira Key field that can only be edited by via the API.
Appreciate any suggestions on how to