When closing a sprint we have two options, either to move non-done issues to next sprint or to move them to the backlog. We want to start moving issues to the TOP of the backlog. I'm not sure if that is possible & if so how do I make that happen?
Hi @[deleted]
Short answer: you cannot do this exactly, but can work around it.
Longer answer:
When the issues are selected for a sprint and the sprint starts, the items are in whatever rank order they were in when added to the sprint. When an issue does not complete in a sprint, and returns to the backlog, it goes back to the rank order where was before...relatively. (The rank mechanism, LexoRank, handles the situation that other items may have moved around since the sprint started.)
A work-around for this would be (and yes, I understand this isn't ideal):
Also, I checked the suggestions for improvements, and there is a similar item here:
When removing issue from an active sprint on board, prompt user where to place that issue, such as backlog or future sprint
Best regards,
Bill
Thanks Bill,
It's a bit too complicated for us. We'll just close sprints and roll to the next open sprint. You'd think there'd be a simpler way to just indicate 'move to top or bottom of the backlog'
thanks,
Nancy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.