Hi Team,
I have below details with me:-
1.API Token
2.Correct URI
3.Correct User Name
4.Rest API :- rest/api/3/project(to see all the projects)
Used Authorization as Basic Auth and username as email address and password as the API token key.
I hit this api via Postman and i am getting error as :-
Basic authentication with passwords is deprecated. For more information, see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/deprecation-of-basic-authentication-with-passwords-for-jira-and-confluence-apis-972355348.html
Please suggest what am i missing here.
Regards,
kamran
Hi @Kamran786 ,
You should not use email and password as username.
Your username should be only your email and the password will be API Token.
Hi @Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
I am using username as email address only and password as api token. Still I am getting error.
Regards
Kamran
Can you check if your Authorization header is with the right information?
I've an issue in the past that my Postman was not updating the Authorization header and I had to create a new request from scratch.
For this api there is authorization header being used. Please check the api in jira documentation.
So i have not used anything in header.
Cool! thanks for sharing
Hey Guys,
i am so sorry to "revive" this thread. But i am trying to connect to the rest API via Zapier, with a custom Webhook and i get the same error message. I am doing it as @Italo Qualisoni [e-Core] described in his first reply:
"Your username should be only your email and the password will be API Token."
i also generated a new Api Token - but same result.
Any ideas on what i can do?
thanks in advance guys ^^
Cheers,
Hürkan
Hey @Hürkan Utan ,
This happens when your authorization isn't set properly.
I recommend to test your API Token in Postman first and once you can confirm the token is working, I recommend you to move to Zapier.
In Postman you can use the basic authentication, with your mail as username and token as password (same as my screenshot in previous threads)
Let us know if your token works in Postman, you can test using the below endpoint to check the status of your site.
https://<strong>mysite</strong>.atlassian.net/status
Hey @Italo Qualisoni [e-Core] ,
I tested as you said - first in Postman and i used basic auth. in Postman and i successfully could change the summary. Following are some screenshots
the original Summary was "Test" and now its changed.
And the API key seems to be working just fine.
Now i want to change the approver of the Ticket. Should i test it in Postman first as well? If so how do is search for the field because the customfield i had originally is not working.
Soo i searched in the Raw data and found that custom field
customfield_10003 - actually sets the approver but when i trx to change it with the another ID i get this error:
Thanks for all your Help @Italo Qualisoni [e-Core] ^^
@Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
its me again xD ^^
when i try to do it this way:
i get the error - i checked the edit screen, but the field "Approvers" is included there
any other ideas on how to do it ^^ ?
Is this still working ?
I am using Postman, passing Authorization header with email:API token (base64 encoded).
but still get the Basic authentication with passwords is deprecated error message.
(in Jira i can see the key is accessed)
I also experience a similar with you.
the problem is solved after you create a new token and it works now.
the detail at Postman can be seen below.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.