How can I generate an RTM in JIRA?
Hi @Reynalda Torres ,
Alternatively to what's already been proposed, if you're looking for a way to visualize the traceability from your requirements through tests to defects in one screen, check out our exportable requirments traceability report which comes with TestFLO - Test Management for Jira.
Disclaimer: I am the product manager of TestFLO and I work for Deviniti.
Regards,Radoslaw Cichocki
Hi @Reynalda Torres
I think you mean Requirements Traceability Matrix.
You can give AIO's latest app - AIO Tests for Jira - a try. AIO tests allows easy creation and import of cases, linking to requirements and has inbuilt traceability report showing coverage from Requirements to Test Cases to Test Executions and defects.
Please note, I work for AIO Support.
Regards,
AIO Support Author
Jira isn't software that looks after "Resin Transfer Moulding" off-the-shelf. (It could, but you'd need to think about it)
I suspect I've got the wrong acronym here. Could you explain what you mean without using jargon and acronyms?
@Reynalda Torres Hi,
If you mean Requirements Traceability Matrix, Jira don't have such report by default.
You could use some plugins to generate that matrix. I would suggest you Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM) which have also other reports like coverage showing end to end relations between objects.
Let me know if you have any questions about RTM.
Best regards,Jarek
Disclaimer: I´m from Ease Solutions, the vendor of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira
Hello @Reynalda Torres,
I can also suggest you our add-on R4J - Requirements Management for Jira. It offers you three differeent, flexible ways to show and edit your traces between any kind of issues:
Additional to too offers you much features for requirement engineering, e.g.
If you interested in a free 90 min demo including your use case please contact me via our service desk. You can test R4J for free, just download it from the marketplace.
Have a great day, Bernhard
Thank you for the feedback, I will take a look at this.
Thank you, I will let you know.
If you have X-Ray plugin to JIRA, RTM can be generated very easily. The document template can be updated and customized according to your project needs.
@Nic Brough (Adaptavist) I thought the cloud environment had a built in Requirements Management feature. Or it might have been a software test feature that used requirements. Am I not remembering this correctly? Was it always an Add-on? I only remember this because I still have issue types labeled as a type of requirement that was "Created by RTM." I'm thinking it is RTM - Requirements Test Management.
Hi Danno,
No, it doesn't have Requirements management functionality built in, but you could argue that Jira Product Discovery covers a lot of RM ground.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thanks. This would have been pre JPD. I'll have to chalk that up to a bad memory or something that was an add-on that we no longer have.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.