Hi all:
I'm trying to find a way to visualise the work that I do. Here's the context.
Context
I am the automation engineer that takes data from databases and, pending business requirements, sends a daily list to our marketing department. Each of these are different campaigns we run.
I am currently running 8 campaigns concurrently.
Difficulties
As business requirements change or bugs/errors are discovered, each campaign (or a subset/group of campaigns) needs to be modified.
Typically, we will create an epic to update several campaigns, add a QA subtask to it, and roll it out.
The difficulty I'm having is not all of us are perfectly fluent in JIRA (me included), and I'm having difficulty with the reporting tools, the backlog tools, and a variety of other means to get a big-picture view.
Example
Today, I found a group of campaigns that I updated nearly 2 months ago; but we didn't have the visibility to show me that 2/3 of them require the QA step in order to be put into production. Of course, I have now added QA tasks, but it would be really nice if there were a better way to discover this, rather than going into individual tickets.
Best-case scenario
Since I'm operating on the proverbial moving train, than there are often dependencies on sub-components (I have a macro library I'm trying to roll out in parallel to each campaign), I'm hoping to find a way to identify the following things in a more visual way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Campaign name: Campaign G
Dev version(s) | backlog | In process | Done | QA'd | In production
Dev version(s) |--1059/ blocker 642---|-----------------| 1042 | ---------| 971
Campaign name: Campaign N
Dev version(s) | backlog | In process | Done | QA'd | In production
Dev version(s) |-----------|-1091/blocker 642 -| ------ | ----948-- | 942
Campaign name: Subcomponent blocker for both campaigns (ticket 642)
Dev version(s) | backlog | In process | Done | QA'd | In production
Dev version(s) |----------|-----642----------| ------- | ---------| 451
That is a lot easier for me to tell where I am in the workflow chain. I can see that there are two versions of Campaign G coming along and that there is a version of Campaign N that is ready to be pushed into production. I can also see my critical path: that 642 is blocking both of the next versions of both campaigns and that needs to be put into production before those two can go anywhere.
Does something like this exist? There are lots of great features I see in JIRA that seem to point to this, but I don't know how to express it. Is there a Tableau plugin I could use to create this? Can I do this in Draw.io? Anything?
Thanks for any assistance you can lend,
-Cedric Justice
Alteryx Developer and Automation Specialist
Cambia Healthcare