Can the create a subtask screen be modified in the new Jira issue view screen? This article -- https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-an-issue-and-a-sub-task/
mentions:
You can customize the Create subtask screen to show fields you use most often. To do this, click Configure Fields at the top right corner of the dialog, and use the All and Custom links to switch between the default screen and your custom settings. Your changes are saved for future use.
however, in the new issue view, I do not see the Configure Fields option when creating a subtask.
We are looking to expose the Assigned To field when creating a subtask.
Hey Kate,
I don’t know if there will be a fix for that soon, but I would just switch over to the old view to do the create.
If you just tack this on to the end of the URL while in New Jira Issue view too can change over quickly:
?oldIssueView=true
Hello Kate, you can modify the create screen for "sub-task" issuetype fromprojects --> your project --> project settings --> screens --> Look for Screen Scheme that is assigned to sub-task --> click on Pencil icon --> click on the screen --> select fields you like Associating a screen with an issue operation Associating screen and issue operation mappings with an issue type
I tried that and it did not add the Assignee field to the Quick-Add screen that appears.
Do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you are trying to add "assignee" filed. Thank you!
.
When you are on a story and click the Create SubTask button, the dialog box opens above the comments section. We would like to add the Assigned To field either next to or below the Summary field.
Do you know if is there any open ticket for reference?
I have not looked specifically for that one, but here is a link to the overall ticket for the New Jira Issue View.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70555
As you will see, there are almost 200 sub-tasks for additional items. If you do not see it in the list, you should create a Support Ticket with Atlassian to request the change.
Thanks! I'll start watching this issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.