How to Enable it,
Hi Leela,
Enabling xray requirement coverage is a simple setting that can be made for every Jira project. I am going to assume you have already installed and configured xray in your Jira instance.
Within a Jira project, select Project Settings, then select Xray Settings, then select Test Coverage. This enables you to update the Coverable Issue Types in that Jira project. Usually these are Stories, sometimes Bugs, or even Epics, etc, all depending on how you have set your Jira taxonomy for test management.
Here is a link to the Xray Cloud User Guide that also has additional detail on enabling Test Coverage and the hierarchy.
Hope this helps!
Hi @Leela Srinivasan
Also, please check this our support documentation about project settings: documentation page
If you have any more doubts, please contact our Service Desk
Best Regards,
Team Xray
I appreciate your answer, it leads to a couple more questions. I see mention of a "requirement status" additional field to Issues for the display of the coverage of an issue on the board. This link doesn't mention that. Could you point me to support for how to set this up?
Also on the "Test Coverage" page you reference, I have coverable issue types all set up. But how do I set the "Issue Links relation" field and what role does it play?
Thanks -- Joe
Thanks for the links. I see the page you're referencing and have it configured. However I see examples where the board shows a "requirement status" for each coverable issue. Where do I define those visual items so this item can display, and can you point me to the reference on how they work?
Hi @Joe Bowen
This documentation page should help explain how the Requirement Status work:
https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Coverable+issues
If you need additional help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com ) so that we can request additional information and help further.
Kind regards,Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]
If you are starting to use Xray, I would advise checking our onboarding documentation:
https://docs.getxray.app/display/ON/Cloud+Linking+to+Requirements
And mainly the Xray Academy to get an overview of the tool's capabilities:
https://academy.getxray.app/
I have exactly the same issue as described by @Joe Bowen .
@José Domingues [Xray]
The problem is that 'requirement status' is not visible on the Board screen on the cards. However, it is present when I have the detailed view opened. I have read through all the documentation and could not find a relevant section. I have tried to send a support query through the portal, but it fails with 400 saying that required fields were not filled in (even though every single field has values provided) and does not say what field has the incorrect value. This is why I am looking for help here.
Many thanks in advance
How does the card look on the Board (Last screenshot is how I need it to look):
Hi @Dmitriy Bielov
The Xray Cloud is a different app from Xray Data Center/Server. So the features found in DC/Server might not be the same or not found in Cloud.
So it is essential to read the correct documentation: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/About+Xray
In the Boards, the Requirement Status is not available since, due to being a different architecture, it is not a custom field, so it is not available in the Agile boards.
In the case of the support site, the required fields are Product, Hosting, SEN, Summary, and Description.
Thank you.
Gentlemen, so is "Requirement Status" finally supported on the cloud within the Card display on Kanban board or not. if not it would be good you would try adding server features which have been discontinued while switching to cloud. There is only a solution in spite of changed architecture . Your customers demand it.
Hi @Test Automation
The current architecture does not allow the Requirement Status in the Card display. This is not a discontinued feature since Xray Cloud is a different app created from scratch in a different environment, Cloud, where all software is distributed through different servers. Xray Cloud was built independently and not from Xray Server, so there are no discontinued features because the starting point was never the Xray Server.
Xray Cloud and Xray Server are like siblings, which share some features but also have differences.
If you have moved from a Server instance into a Cloud instance, you may find some differences since, in practical terms, you are moving into a new app.
If the goal is to keep the same features, it is best to move from Server to a one-node Data Center since both share the same basic architecture and provide the same features.
Please contact Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app) if you wish to share your use-case so that we can look for options.
Kind regards,Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]
Is there any plan to be support the view of Requirement Status on the Agile boards with Jira Cloud? This is bit of a showstopper into getting Xray or not.
Hi @Claire Robinson
Currently, Jira does not allow putting "custom" content on the Agile Board.
We would love to have that feature available, but unfortunately, our hands are tied.
Best regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.