Can I use Scriptrunner to hide fields in a Request Type based on Group or Project Role? Thanks in advance.
Hi @Barb O_Connell
You absolutely can using behaviours like below
I'm in Cloud.
Anyway to do this in Jira Cloud?
Hi Barb,
I can confirm that unfortunately it is not possible to achieve your requirement of hiding fields in a Request Type based on Group or Project Role with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.
The reason for this is due the fact that the plugin is unable to perform any dynamic validation on issue forms to link or hide fields like the server version can with the Behaviors feature.
Also I can confirm that the plugin cannot dynamically populate field values like it can in the server version can with the Behaviors feature.
The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provide a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.
You can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.
I hope this information helps.
Regards,
Kristian
Thanks Kristian, I understand, thank you for the thoughtful response.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.