Hello,
I want to hide a space and then set it so only the users I allow can view it without affecting my other spaces, is this possible?
It depends. If you have the free version of Confluence Cloud then permissions are not a features enabled in that tier. If you have a paid account then a space administrator can set permissions for a space. They can assign permissions to groups, or individual users. You can get to space permissions by going to "Space Settings -> Permissions"
I appreciate that Davin and we do have a paid for account. I have created a space and set the permissions to just myself, then I learned that the person who set up the site set the Users to have full view of all that content so I did not succeed. From everything I've read this is not a user friendly feature inside of Confluence and doesn't appear to be a simple couple steps in doing what I want, is this correct?
When you create a space you can specify who can see it. Spaces permissions are controlled by that page in each space. You can set all new spaces to have default permissions, but those can be changed/removed. The only way to set it up such that everyone can see every space would be make everyone a system administrator ... which I hope your sys admin would not do. If that is not the case then you should be able to change who can see the space.
That would be awesome, however when this site was created, the admin set all users to be able to "View" and I believe this is what is overriding what i'm doing. I created a space and set it to where I am the only one who can view it, however others are able see it in the page tree, click on it and open the space. Since this is the case, can you tell me exactly what steps I need to take to accomplish this?
Earth
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.