With Jira automation, I need to copy the first value of the cascaded custom field to another first value of the cascaded custom field
How can I do this?
regards
@Frédéric Battesti
In an 'edit issue' component of the Jira for Automation rule > More options use this:
{ "fields": { "Cascade2": { "value": "{{issue.Cascade1.value}}" } }}
Hi @Frédéric Battesti - Is that within the same issue? You should be able to do that with the Bulk change function. Just run a filter/query for the one(s) you want to change (assuming they are changing to the same value).
Then choose the Bulk change function and proceed through the process.
hi John
thank you for your reply
I want to use the automation function. Mass change is a manual action.
When the problem is created, the first cascaded custom field is required.
The second cascaded custom field is required later in the transition screen workflow.
I want the parent field of the first cascade field to be automatically copied to the parent field of the second cascade field.
In automation the copy is possible but my second field is not in the list of selectable fields.
Not sure I am completely following. Can you give an exact example?
Something like Field A is cascading and has a value of X for the first value.
When something happens (identify what happens to kick off the Automation trigger), then copy X from Field A to the first value of Field B
Can you provide something like that?
I just read your reply @Frédéric Battesti , but this is not possible since there is no public API (yet) to add options to a select field (whether this is a normal select or a cascading select field).
thank you very much
It's super.
Note my other remark, it does not create options in Cascade2, it can only select the an existing option.
Hi @John Funk
It didn't work for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.