Goodmorning JIRA Gurus,
I'm a developer and I'm looking to implement Jira Service Desk on behalf of the company where I work.
I use Jira Cloud and I created a "Service Request" project, to which I assigned my own custom workflow.
I need to send an email to the ticket reporter for a change of workflow status.
To do this, after having read up on this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configure-email-notifications-for-a-custom-event-979422140.html
I tried to reproduce the passages, in order to generate a "Custom Event", which would allow me to send an email to a certain status change, on a transition.
Unfortunately, however, I cannot in any way send an email to anyone.
The steps taken by me are:
1.0) Settings > System :: ADVANCED :: Events
1.1) At the bottom of the page: "Add New Event" => Name: "My Custom Event"; Description: "My custom event description"; Template: "Generic Event" => Add
2.0) Settings > Issues :: ISSUE ATTRIBUTES :: Notification schemes
2.1) Add notification scheme > Name: "My Custom Notification Scheme"; Description: "My custom notification scheme description" => Add
2.2) Click "Add" action on "My Custom Event"
2.3) Event: "My Custom Event"; Notification to assigne: "Reporter" => Add
3.0) domain.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa > My Service Desk Project > Project Settings > Notifications :: Actions :: Use a different scheme
3.1) Scheme: "My Custom Notification Scheme" => Associate
4.0) domain.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa > My Service Desk Project > Project Settings > Workflows > Switch Scheme :: Scheme: "My Custom Scheme" => Associate
5.0) Settings > Issues :: WORKFLOWS :: Workflows
5.1) Click "Edit" on my Workflow
5.2) Click on my Transition
5.3) Post Functions > Edit my "Fire Event" > Event: "My Custom Event" :: Update
5.4) Result: Fire a My Custom Event event that can be processed by the listeners.
5.5) Click on "Publish Draft" > Publish.
6.0) Create a ticket via the Portal with a personal email (Gmail)
6.1) Enter via Jira panel in the new ticket
6.2) Assigne the ticket to me
6.3) Move the workflow status to "Close", passing by the transition that should fire my custom event
7.0) Waiting an email on the reporter gmail account ( forever ): )
What am I doing wrong? What should be the email template of a "Generic Event"? I haven't found it anywhere.
I made 1000 attempts, read 100 guides and 20 forum posts but I can't receive any email triggered by the event...
Thanks in advance,
Michael