I jumped into JIRA Cloud after years of On Prem. I an an Administrator for the cloud instance and I need to update some fields on screen across multiple Projects. However there are a few projects in which I do not have the approrpiate access to. It appears as though they have been locked down. I can Create a field but I cannot add or remove an existing field. The former JIRA admin is no longer here and the Permissions are sort of all over the place.
Hi @andy_pawl,
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
If you go to one of the projects you cannot delete a field in, does it say "You're in a next-gen project" on bottom in the left-hand corner? Next-gen projects doesn't allow you to delete fields, and you cannot share fields across different next-gen projects. See them as silo projects.
OMG They are.... What would be the business case for these sorts of projects?
Big thanks BTW.
The business case is that it makes it easy for a new/small teams to set up and get going with Jira really quick, no need to configure workflows, screens etc. As an admin I can see the benefits with them, but they also have some major limitations too.
Thanks brother! That's what I am seeing now. Just too many limitations.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.