In the past, I recall you could not delete a user if they were an assignee, watcher, reporter, voter, commenter, etc. on any issue.
Is this still the case in the cloud? I have split JIRA Instances and migrated a few projects to the cloud. I have a massive number of users (3,000+) and I only have 12 active users for these projects. It's possible that some of the 3,000 users were reporters to very old issues in these projects.
In the cloud, when I go to delete a person it briefly shows "verifying the user can be deleted", and then gives me a message saying:
You are about to delete aaa. This can't be undone.Your products will keep all of aaa's contributions. If you create a new user with the same username, these contributions will be associated with them
This seems clear enough to me... All the tasks, comments, etc. from this user will remain in the system - and if I ever create a user with the same name in the cloud, they would then be mapped to all this previous work. This works great, and I've tested it, for creating my 12 users in the cloud and having them re-mapped to the previous issues.
Can anyone confirm my understanding of what happens if I delete these users?
At this point, I want to delete all but my 12 users and only re-create other users in the future as necessary.