I have created groups so that certain people can only see certain things. That said, I cannot see how I place a task in a group. Please advise.
Hello @Dale Cody
Welcome to the community.
Can you provide more details, please?
When you say you created "groups" do you mean User Groups?
When you say the people in a group can only see certain things, exactly how did you implement that? Did you modify permission schemes, or are you just using filters to limit what is shown?
Are you talking about using JIRA Classic projects or NextGen projects? Are you using the Software, Business, or Service Desk type of project?
I believe User Groups.
Yes. Modified permissions.
JIRA Classic
Software
Ok, well, I assume when you say "task" you are talking about a type of Issue. Issues are added to Project by using the Create button and selecting the project in which you want the issue created.
Then, anybody who has adequate permissions to view/create/edit issues in that project will have access to the issue.
I'm not sure what you mean by "placing a task in a group". Issues are in projects, not "in" a user group.
Without additional details about how you implement user groups and how you modified the project permissions, I don't think I can provide a more detailed answer.
Task = Issue
I think we need to talk on the phone. Please call me after 4pm at 4074480721.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.