Hi Jira Community!
I was trying to create a simple way to check the linked issues and the respective status of a given group of issues.
I stumbled upon some articles here where all of this is done by using the ScripitRunner plugin, but my organization doesn't have this plugin.
While digging into the Jira fields I found some fields that can do the trick but haven't manage to find any information on Atlassian page mentioning them.
I'm talking about the
-Linked Issues.issuePriority
-Linked Issues.issueKey
-Linked Issues.issueSummary
-Linked Issues.issueStatus
For what I can see these fields seem to always be updated with the information of the respective linked issued and so anyone can use them to cross-reference the issue with the linked issues information. Can someone confirm that there are references in the documentation for these fields? Are they really automatically updated or is there any pitfall of using them?
thank you
Tiago Ribeiro